Water Treatment Process Scientist
This is a key role to actively support WRc's Treatment Processes services, by adapting and applying engineering and scientific techniques. The work will involve conducting tests and inspections and on-site troubleshooting, process optimisation, preparing detailed reports on water treatment process issues and design and specific process technology evaluation.
- Supplies dedicated and innovative customer solutions, by collecting and analysing information, researching, adapting, and modifying engineering and scientific techniques.
- Liaises with a broad range of clients from private companies to government agencies.
- Prepares targeted costed proposals to win work through the provision of dedicated and innovative client solutions.
- Manages projects to achieve budget and timeline expectations.
- Contributes to project team performance, by communicating essential information, coordinating actions, obtaining expert inputs, reviewing open issues/action items, sharing information in team meetings while focused on project completion within timelines.
- Advances professional and technical knowledge, by attending professional workshops, reading professional publications, establishing excellent networks, participating in professional societies.
- Prepares excellent technical reports and presentations for internal and external use.
- Enhances company reputation by taking ownership over new and diverse client requests/challenges, proactively exploring opportunities to add extra value to job accomplishments.
Further information about our work can be found at: http://www.wrcplc.co.uk/treatment-processes
Requirements – Essential:
- BSc. or BEng. in Environmental/Chemical Engineering or B.Sc. in water/wastewater sciences.
- Proven experience in water treatment process design and operations, particularly in the municipal water sector.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), team working skills and analytical skills.
- Understanding of R&D procedures, process science and innovative approaches relevant to water treatment, knowledge of emerging process technologies.
Requirements – Desirable:
- Excellent client liaising skills, with a consulting background.
- Post Graduate qualification and/or MBA.
- Commercial Experience.
- Chartered Engineer or similar