Water Supply Consultant
WRc is seeking an ambitious Water Supply Consultant to join our Infrastructure Solutions team. This role will help shape the future of WRc’s products and services relating to water supply networks, working with our current team of solution architects, leakage technicians, civil engineers and analysts.
The right candidate will be a graduate with some water industry experience, ideally relating to water network resilience, demand management, network water quality and/or leakage strategy. You will be interacting with a team of specialists and so the ability to converse and understand the merits of different approaches to solve our clients’ problems is key. A good understanding of UK water industry regulation is also highly desirable.
We guarantee that you will be intellectually and technically challenged by working simultaneously on a range of diverse projects.
As a Water Supply Consultant in the WRc Infrastructure Solutions team you will:
- Be able to interpret multiple and complex datasets in relation to water supply systems and gain insight from these;
- Produce technical reports, presentations and other deliverables related to water supply to the required quality;
- Interface effectively with other teams and disciplines, including validation of others’ analyses;
- Support colleagues in client engagement activities;
- Develop innovative solutions and support industry research in a collaborative environment.
Education and Experience:
- Educated to first degree level or higher, in a scientific, engineering or environmental discipline;
- At least 1 year of experience relating to water supply systems in an analytical or business planning role;
- Knowledge of and exposure to the UK water sector;
- Experience working with various stakeholders and multidisciplinary teams.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proven track record of delivery either within or supporting the water industry;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Collaborative team player, able to work across our business;
- Proven ability to explain complex solutions at a range of technical levels to the understanding of different audience;
- A passion for championing best-in-class analytical solutions to our clients.
- Experience working in a UK water company;
- Knowledge of drinking water quality management;
- Project Management skills including planning, risk management, resource management;
- Understanding of statistics;
- Experience of hydraulic modelling.