This is a new opportunity for an experienced Toxicologist to join a specialist team that provides independent and authoritative advice on chemical risk to regulators, water companies and industry.
A desk-based role, with new challenges on a daily basis, responsibilities include: providing advice during chemical spills and emergencies; undertaking environmental and human health risk assessments; and helping companies comply with their regulatory issues. Specifically:
- Collating and critically appraising mammalian toxicity and ecotoxicity data in a systematic manner;
- Undertaking human health and environmental risk assessments for industry, the water companies and UK and international regulators;
- Participating in registration strategies including: data gap analysis; waiving justifications; QSAR modelling; read across strategies; and preparing dossiers, in support of REACH registrations and updates.
- Evaluating toxicity data, in support of WRAS (Water Regulations Advisory Scheme) applications;
- Carrying out systematic literature reviews on a wide range of toxicological issues, encompassing data selection, developing inclusion/exclusion criteria, and presenting results;
- Providing 24-hour support to Water Company clients as part of the Toxicology Advisory Service, in the event of a chemical incident;
- Participating in cross-business project teams as and when required.
The role involves extensive interaction with fellow human health experts, ecotoxicologists, and chemists as well as working alongside other environmental and engineering disciplines.
This role will suit an experienced Toxicologist ooking for the next step in your career. You will also have:
- A post-graduate qualification in Toxicology, for example, through an MSc qualification;
- Experience in assessing mammalian toxicology study data. Additional experience of ecotoxicology will be considered advantageous.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong IT skills, ideally with knowledge of IUCLID, QSARs and/or exposure modelling software;
- Be eligible to work in the UK.
Candidates will have a positive attitude and be highly motivated with the ability to work both independently and as a member of a like-minded team.