Excellent career opportunity for a comercially-minded Toxicologist. This role offers the opportunity not only to provide independent and authoritative advice on chemical risk to regulators, water companies and industry, but also get involved in developing the market for toxicology services.
Our Toxicology team, working as the National Centre for Environmental Toxicology (NCET), provides advice during chemical spills and emergencies; undertakes environmental and human health risk assessments; and helps companies comply with their regulatory issues.
For more information about the Toxicology services we provide, please visit: https://www.ncet-uk.org
Specifically this role will involve:
- Collating and critically appraising mammalian toxicity and ecotoxicity data in a systematic manner;
- Undertaking human health and environmental risk assessments;
- Participating in registration strategies including: data gap analysis; waiving justifications; QSAR modelling; read across strategies; and preparing dossiers, in support of REACH registrations and updates.
- Evaluating toxicity data, in support of WRAS (Water Regulations Advisory Scheme) applications;
- Carrying out systematic literature reviews on a wide range of toxicological issues, encompassing data selection, developing inclusion/exclusion criteria, and presenting results;
- Providing 24-hour support to Water Company clients as part of the Toxicology Advisory Service, in the event of a chemical incident;
- Responding to and securing business opportunities, with support from the wider management team;
- Helping to develop NCET's strategy for developing toxicology services;
- Coaching and mentoring less experienced members of the team.
The role involves extensive interaction with fellow human health experts, ecotoxicologists, and chemists as well as working alongside other environmental and engineering disciplines.
- A post-graduate qualification in Toxicology, for example, through an MSc qualification;
- Strong understanding of the market for toxicology services;
- Experience in assessing mammalian toxicology study data. Additional experience of ecotoxicology will be considered advantageous.
- Track record for supporting business development initiatives and a strong interest in winning work;
- Strong IT skills, ideally with knowledge of IUCLID, QSARs and/or exposure modelling software;
- Bring a positive attitude and be able to work harmoniously within a team, whilst also giving the benefit of your experience to more junior staff.
- Be eligible to work in the UK.