Graduate Environmental Chemist
This role is in the WRc Waste and Resources team. WRc work with a range of industrial clients as well as the water industry, to provide expert support around waste classification and recovery of value from wastes. We also work in close liaison with the Regulators to ensure best environmental outcomes.
As our Graduate Environmental Chemist we will provide training and support for you to develop an in-depth understanding of the chemical and physical properties of wastes and secondary materials, to help clients find solutions for waste that avoid landfill disposal.
The role will be predominantly office-based with occasional visits to client facilities and will also involve working alongside WRc’s on-site laboratory to broaden our current test base and develop new client offerings.
The Role Includes:
- providing technical support for consultancy projects;
- interpreting laboratory results and writing up routine analysis reports;
- performing data analysis, modelling, reporting;
- assisting with experimental work in WRc’s waste laboratory;
- preparing interpretive reports.
- Degree in a STEM discipline, preferably chemistry or a chemical science.
- Ability to work in challenging situations, possess a "can do" attitude, able to devise new approaches to problems encountered.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Eligible to work permanently in the UK.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Ability to define problems, collate data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and make recommendations.
- Data and information processing and statistical analyses using software tools
- Previous experience of working on a Waste and Resource Project (at university or otherwise)